At Wildland, we believe that the users should always be in control of their data. We are devoted to creating a protocol and an ecosystem enabling data management agnosticism in relation to the underlying infrastructure, with the user always staying in the driver’s seat. With Wildland, application developers will be able to build apps which by definition protect the users’ digital sovereignty.
We are looking for a skilled manager whose expertise, experience and devotion will help us effectively grow and manage the technical side of Wildland, improve and upgrade our internal processes as well as leverage external resources.
- Assisting the Tech Lead and Product Owner (i.e. Joanna) in short-to-mid-term planning
- Defining priorities for the team and allocating appropriate resources to deliver expected results
- Day-to-day management of the team, including performance review and feedback
- Constant review of feature delivery with high-level requirements and user needs in mind
- Defining the team’s recruitment needs, briefing external recruiters, actively participating in the recruitment process
- Engagement and oversight of external contractors
- Streamlining internal processes (task allocation, code review, quality assurance etc.)
Required skills and experience
- Track record in managing small- or medium-sized technical teams which successfully delivered customer-facing software
- Advanced IT skills and in-depth knowledge of Git, Github/Gitlab, ability to read elements of code (especially Python) and readiness to coordinate cross-platform development efforts (desktop/mobile/web, MacOS/Windows/Linux).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to coordinate with team members and management and explain technical issues
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Resource-planning and task-scheduling skills
- Experience and passion in at least some of the following topics: personal data management, data sovereignty, blockchain, cloud storage and computing, decentralization, open source movement
- Experience in open-source project(s) would be a great advantage
- Residency in Warsaw, Poland or being ready to relocate
- You will get the chance to have a meaningful career. Our goal is to change how data is managed on a global level.
- You will gain an opportunity to work on an extremely ambitious project, built around cutting-edge technologies.
- We are still a relatively small organization, so it’s a perfect moment to join if you want to help us shape the development of our projects.
- We are open source and believe in sharing our work with the world.
- We offer a competitive salary, including additional incentives.
- We are a stable and well funded organization which aims at achieving long-term and far-reaching objectives. This means we can focus on what matters to us without distractions.
Before applying, please read more about Wildland:
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don’t match the job description listed here but you believe in our project, please send us an email with your CV attached to email@example.com and share your thoughts on Wildland. We are always interested in connecting with talented and motivated people who share our vision.